PCS has developed comprehensive, integrated training programs to meet the needs of designers, installers and end users of today’s networks. Our courses are structured for each application’s unique needs: Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), telecommunications, CATV, security and CCTV, local & wide area networks, and power utility automation control (SCADA).
PCS has broad engineering, installation and market experience which is the foundation of the development of our challenging and comprehensive curriculum. Our training program offers a challenging curriculum based on Corning Cable Systems’ product, engineering and installation experience. Standard courses are scheduled throughout the year at our training facilities in virtually all of our facilities in the southeast.
PCS Training features include:
- Fiber optic installation, maintenance and design
- Fiber optic system testing and troubleshooting
- Courses taught at locations throughout the country or at customer site
- On-the-job training upon request
- Courses taught by current, experienced engineers and technicians who rotate between classroom and field projects
- State-of-the-art instruction including a “system” versus an “individual product” approach
- Course design based on technical theory and extensive field experience, the continuous update of content and materials, and utilization of the latest products and installation techniques
- Small class sizes to encourage student/instructor interaction and to allow maximum hands-on training
- The highest level of hands-on training in the optical industry (80-90%)