PEOPLE, PASSION, PERFORMANCE - PCS
Available Positions exist for the following skill sets in multiple office locations:
Accounting - Jupiter- Orlando
Job Cost Accountant / Admin
Overview: Working with Controller, Accounting Manager & Corp. Management to perform routine construction contract accounting, billing, collections and related administrative tasks. review and reconcile job costs, process payments to subcontractors, invoice & collect from clients and assist construction management with reporting and inquiries.
Develop invoices with construction management a. Invoice for FDOT jobs and non-FDOT jobs b. Update invoicing and backup files on the server c. Review jobs with Area Managers to ensure on-time invoicing d. Bill Stored Materials to customers e. Customer Account Reconciliation f. Problem Solving and Additional Analysis
Monthly Customer Statements a. Print out and email / mail statements to customers
Collection Calls a. Wait 1 week after statements then follow up with customers b. Check the FDOT website to see if customer has been paid
Data Entry a. Equipment Usage – log in the equipment usage into Viewpoint
Job Costing a. Set up jobs within Viewpoint b. Review Job Costs (JC) and make adjustments c. Run Job Cost reports while researching jobs
Job Cost Accounting - Work in Process (WIP) a. Assist Job Cost Admin with transferring job costs as needed b. New Jobs – fill in the Quantity tab with tracking information c. Run reports from Viewpoint and export to Excel d. Run Macro’s in Excel to format the spreadsheets e. Create VLOOKUP’s in Excel to identify job activity f. Review the following Jobs with the WIP spreadsheet i. Pink highlighted – in excess of Billings
MOR Reports Participation a. Monthly Operating Reports (MOR) b. Go through each job by Area and make adjustments as needed
Miscellaneous Tasks a. Updating all of the Excel sheets to newer version b. Update engineering time in the invoicing file
Contract Reviews – daily a. Verify contract to original quotes b. Review Contracts and fill in the following forms: c. Update Job Folder d. Set up Job in VP i. Import Estimates into ViewPoint (VP) from B2W e. Get Certificate of Insurance and send to President along with the copy of the contract
Change Orders a. Fill in “Change Order Status Info” form- see exhibit #3 b. Update VP with info from the form i. Note: Don’t do NC or Vero/Treasure Coast CO’s or Jobs (DT does these) c. Key in all Pending Change Orders (PCO) into the Invoice i. Update PCO to CO once CO has been approved
Ready Viewpoint for Progress Entry
Scan Daily Logs
Filing, assist office personnel with various tasks
Administration - Jupiter, Orlando Operations
The duties of this individual include, but are not limited to the following:
- Phone calls & Messages
- Post daily production to project tracking database
- Producing project material purchase orders in Viewpoint at the direction of the AREA MANAGER/SUPERINTENDENT
- Maintenance of project files
- Maintain Project & Equipment Board.
- Maintain inventory of materials in office/yard.
- Maintain an active notary certificate
- Place job ads, coordinate drug tests.
- Employee orientation, shirts, company manual.
- Maintain suppliers price list.
- Call in utility locates. Online.
- Organize all project plans.
- Organize Operations files – will contain, any notes, contacts, purchase orders and dailys – Packet for field, copy plans 1 office, 1 install, 1 tech along with splice dwgs, and scope of work sheet, mapquest/google earth.
- Take all deliveries. Mark all boxes with job # and location. Log on purchase order in computer that it was received and date.
- Pull necessary materials, mark with job # for technicians.
- Create Material Transfer form for technicians and installers when material is removed from inventory for a specific job. From those sheets to be turned in to assistant and remove from data base.
- Request RMA’s for all equipment and materials.
- Assist in general day-to-day office duties. Office supplies, coffee, cups, paper towels & toilet paper, water.
- Other Administrative or Clerical Duties as assigned by Area Manager or Officer
- Responsible for office supply inventory/ordering office supplies
- Assisting Area Managers with requesting project plans/specifications/procedures/safety requirements
Asset Mapping and Documentation - All Locations
The Locator Technician is responsible for identifying and marking buried fiber optic cable & electrical cables by referencing utility prints and using specific locating equipment. The employee must be flexible to work in all types of terrain and weather conditions, able to succeed under stressful situations, and conduct him or herself in a professional-‐ manner at all times. The employee must also be motivated to work independently and demonstrate good time management skills to plan and accomplish assigned work load as required.
• Read and understand utility maps, prints, and aerial imagery to assist in identification of underground fiber assets
• Prioritize work activities by reviewing all locate requests to determine travel route and timelines
• Operate handheld detection equipment in the designed manner
• Periodically remove and replace manhole lids, weighing between 100-‐ and 300-‐pounds, using a manhole cover removal tool
• Ability to work in all types of terrain and hazards (grass, gravel, ditches, etc.), all types of environments (construction sites, highways, industrial, private property, etc.) and all types of weather conditions
• In the event of bad weather days employees are NOT paid if they cannot work.
• Drive extensively and get in-‐and-‐out of vehicle repeatedly, walk several miles per day
• Mark the location of underground fiber and electrical assets on roadways, private property, and other locations, as appropriate and needed, using required spray paints, flags and other equipment
• Accurately and consistently wear safety gear, and operate safety equipment, provided
• Daily contact with utility managers, crews, and contractors discussing locate issues
• Job Requires travel throughout the South East United States.
• Weekly equipment inspections . • Need to be aware that daily reports are required each day. • Follows direction of the Jobsite Foreman, Superintendent, and/or Area Manager for project schedules, materials, equipment, and crews. • Other duties as assigned by Management. and Daily Reporting
Other Job Functions:
• Enter data into GIS databases, using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning or automatic conversion to vectors, or conversion of other sources of digital data. • Review existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality, and completeness of documentation. • Operate handheld GPS units in the designed manner
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: • Must have a valid drivers’ license, • Ability to periodically lift up to 100-‐pounds • Must have solid verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work professionally in a diverse and stressful environment • Complete and document work activities using Tablet, Laptop computer • Good communications skills with managers, contractors, utility representatives and homeowners
Cabling Technician - All Locations
Controller - Jupiter
RESPONSIBILITIES: • Provide direction and manage accounting staff at corporate office in Jupiter, Florida. • Supervise Accounts Payable, Receivable, Collections, Billing, Contracts and Payroll department/staff. • Manage job cost transactions between distributed offices within the corporation. • Budget review to ensure with bringing all jobs on budget. • Assist Operations, Estimating and Management with all Job Costing/WIP analysis. • Orchestrate compliance with local lien law. • Coordinate implementation of inventory tracking module. • Act as a liaison to external auditors for accounting and workers comp audits.
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS: • BA or BS in finance or accounting required. • CPA, MBA or other advanced degree a plus; 5+ years • Controller experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. • Knowledge of the construction industry is a must. • Experience working with Microsoft environment is a must (Word, Excel, etc). • Ability to work under minimal supervision – must be a self-starter. • Accuracy and attention to detail is a must. • Excellent analytical skills are a must. • Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one to Owners, Auditors, Bankers, Customers, Insurers, or others. • Must be able to apply common sense to issues and be a problem solver. • Must have ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems in a creative manner. • Relate well to all kinds of people, build constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact. The company offers a competitive salary and health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life, STD, LTD and Basic Life/AD&D Insurance), Personal Time Off, Paid Holidays and a self-directed 401(K) plan.
Benefits: • 401(k) • 401(k) matching • Dental insurance • Disability insurance • Health insurance • Life insurance • Paid time off • Tuition reimbursement • Vision insurance
Estimating - Jupiter, Tampa, Orlando Operations
Fiber Optic and Network Technicians - All Locations
• Review Plans, Splice Plans and Specifications with Area Manager prior to assignment to a project.
• Maintain all splice and test equipment, track calibration dates
• Report any/all equipment problems to the Equipment Manager
• Make Area Manager aware of material needs, especially consumables.
• Daily reports and timesheets • Equipment inspections: All equipment is to be inspected weekly and reports are submitted to the Equipment Manager • Train and assist other Technicians with tasks and/or new skills and equipment • Update the Area Manager with project status each day so scheduling can be adjusted based on progress • Assist Engineering Department with GPS locates • Attends Project Meetings at the start of a project and when Technical issues arise • Cable installation: Must have a clear understanding and be able to install cable in aerial, underground, and inside plant environments. Must have an understanding of the operation of bucket truck, lasher, blower and tugger-including slack requirements for cable.
Installer - All Locations
ABREVIATED JOB DESCRIPTION
The duties of this individual include, but are not limited to the following:
- Aerial Installation of Fiber Optic Cable, Span Wire and necessary hardware. This requires operation of a Bucket Truck, Lasher, and climbing poles manually with hooks.
Pole climbing can be to a height of 45’ carrying all pole attachment tools in safety tool belt. An employee might be expected to climb up and down poles for a 10 hour shift depending on access on a particular jobsite. Bucket trucks will be utilized in all areas with appropriate access.
- Underground Installation of Fiber Optic Cable and/or Tracer wire. This requires operation of a FO Tugger Machine and/or FO Blower & Compressor, or installation of cable by hand. Any of these methods requires cable to be laced in figure 8 on the ground and pulled into conduit or innerduct either with or without mechanical assistance.
- Down Guy Installation: requires digging a 6’ deep 12” round hole for the installation of pole down guys. Requires using a 14’ spade and spoon and a rock bar to bust the rock, then using the spade to move debris and rock.
- Delineator Marker Installation: post hole dig 2’ and install marker post and then backfill, tamp to level.
- Direct Fiber Optic Cable Installers: Train on all tasks listed above AND work in conjunction with cable installers on all cable installation tasks
- Installation of pullboxes, manholes, innerduct, maxcell and conduit.
- Working in the following environments: trenchline, bucket truck (height and around/near power lines), Towers (involves climbing), Confined space (such as underground vaults, tanks, storage bins, manholes, pits, silos, raised floors, and ceilings) for the installation of Fiber Optic or low voltage electrical cable or devices such as cameras, signs, etc.
- Ability to read and comprehend plans.
- Follows direction of the Jobsite Foreman, Superintendent, and/or Area Manager for project schedules, materials, equipment, and crews.
- Requires a CDL Driver’s license issued by the State in which the employee resides. The expenses for CDL tests, license renewal, and physical examinations required will be borne by the Company.
- Working in all types of weather conditions is a requirement, heat or cold. Rain and Snow will normally cause the project to be shut down by the Agency having Jurisdiction; however, PCS will continue to work in the event the AHJ does not cease operations on the jobsite. Job production is not determined by weather conditions.
- In the event of bad weather days employees are NOT paid if they cannot work.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
EXCEPTIONAL PEOPLE, OUTSTANDING WORK! Join our team, Invest in your future, Build a career. PCS Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Precision Contracting Services, Inc. to provide employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, or veteran status.